SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Maya Magal London
34 Coal Drops Yard, London N1C 4DQ
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Who we share your information with:
There may be circumstances where we may share some of your data with third parties. Below are the instances in which we may do this and to whom we share information with:
- In fulfilment of your order, we will share only relevant personal information with third party logistics providers and carriers for example Torque Logistics, DPD, DHL and Royal Mail.
- Credit card reference/clearing agencies or fraud prevention/detection agencies for example SagePay and PayPal.
- If you make an enquiry to the customer services team via email or phone, your information will be stored in the Freshdesk helpdesk system. This allows us to manage your query efficiently and ensure the best possible customer service.
- If you have opted-in for third party data sharing (there is a tick box at the checkout for you to check if you wish to be included in third party data sharing), we will share your order history with third parties such as Epsilon Abacus, Experian and I-Behaviour. You can find out more about this sort of data sharing by watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=_2784r6KUcU. Should you change your mind about third party data sharing or wish to check whether your data is shared in this way, please email email@example.com. Below is more information about the companies we work with for this purpose:
- Abacus Epsilon (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), is a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Abacus Epsilon analyse this pooled information to help us and the other retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, we (and others’) can tailor our communication, for example sending catalogues that should be of interest to the individual, based on what they like to buy. The companies may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
- Experian Ltd uses this data for the purposes of managing a service called Club Canvasse, a home shopping and direct retailer data co-operative of which we are members. By sharing information on what customers buy and pooling that with contributions from other members of the co-operative, the service allows us to better understand customers and prospects and to communicate more effectively with them. To understand more please click through to their website here (http://www.experian.co.uk/marketing-services/consumer-information-portal/)
- To find new customers for our business we are a member of a large co-operative of like-minded UK retail brands that pool and share transactional information. We work with a program called IBehavior, part of the Company Conexance that processes customer transactional data on behalf of each Member. This process highlights spending patterns and allows us to identify suitable prospects to receive an offer or introduction from us via the post. Thus, we send postal offers and information only to prospective customers that are likely to be interested in buying from us. Co-op Member brands operate in numerous categories, including apparel, home and garden, collectables, food and wine, gadgets and gifts, entertainment, health and beauty, travel and leisure.
- Our partners who process data for us, for example Go Direct and Ometria. Such companies process transactional information in an anonymised way for the purpose of business insight. They and their partners also process names and address for the purpose of mailing our catalogue and emails for the purpose of sending automated emails such as ‘Welcome Emails’ when you sign up to email.
- Outside research companies or consultants whom we may or may not ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- Your email address is shared with Mailchimp, a technology platform (ESP) that enables us to send marketing emails to those who have opted in. MailChimp has self-certified to both the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield regimes, and lawfully transfers EU/EEA personal data to the U.S. pursuant to our Privacy Shield Certification.
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
- To find new customers for our business we are a member of a co-operative of UK retail brands that pool and share transactional information. We work with a Company called Conexance that processes customer transactional data on behalf of each Member. This process highlights spending patterns and allows us to identify suitable prospects to receive an introduction from us via the post. Thus, we send offers and information only to prospective customers that are likely to be interested in buying from us. Co-op Member brands operate in numerous categories, including apparel, home and garden, collectables, food and wine, gadgets and gifts, entertainment, health and beauty, travel and leisure. If you would like to exclude certain categories or rather your information was not included in this processing at all just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure it is not shared for the purpose above.
We review the data protection standards of every company who process our data. All have contracts in place which set out how they meet the standards required for GDPR.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 - KLARNA
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
Maya Magal London
34 Coal Drops Yard, London N1C 4DQ